Jolie has walked with the Goddess all her life. She discovered early on in life that to best honor the Divine Feminine within, she need to dance, perform and create.
She has earned a BA in Dance and Theatre from the University of Winnipeg and has been teaching for over 13 years. She has explored a myriad of movement styles; from ballroom and latin dances to ballet, modern, african, indian, middle eastern and tribal bellydance. She found contact improvisation through the Senior Professional Program at the School of Contemporary Dancers and discovered how a movement form could elevate and enlighten the spirit and teach you to live in the moment. Then she discovered Capoeria and learnt of the challenge and reward of training martial arts. Next came the ancient structures of Praying Mantis kung fu and qi gong, which served to bring even more strength, discipline and alignment to all that had gone before. She blessed to be able to share her unique set of skills with the adventureous souls at the first-ever Manitoba Goddess Festival.
June 25, 26, 27, 2010
Honouring the goddess Freyja
shandra hees on Calling all volunteers! Berkana on Important Information (Updated… cristin on Calling all volunteers! Moss on Calling all volunteers! Leane Koss on Calling all volunteers!
- Great coverage for our Festival in the news! St. Norbert farm to host new summer festival @winnipegnews shar.es/vLUzM #Goddessfest 5 years ago
- Want to see our 2012 poster? manitobagoddessfestival.com/2012/2012/08/p… #Goddessfest 5 years ago
- The 3rd annual MGF is almost upon us - curious to find out what it is all about? Check out our site @ manitobagoddessfestival.com #goddessfest! 5 years ago
- Counting down to the 2012 Manitoba Goddess Festival! Have you got your festival pass yet? manitobagoddessfestival.com/2012/tickets/p… 5 years ago
- Announcing our line-up! It's going to be an awesome Festival! manitobagoddessfestival.com/2011/festival/… 6 years ago