Margaret Shaw-MacKinnon has a Bachelor of Fine Arts Honours and a Masters of Arts in English Literature from the University of Manitoba. Margaret is well-known for her books for young people, including Pod the Wood Elf, Tiktala (McNally Book for Young People Award 1997, US Parents’ Choice Honor), and The Beech Nut of Big Water Beach (shortlisted for the Carol Shields Winnipeg Book Award 2009) for which she created a Novel Study and Anti-Bullying Guide. For many years, she has taught story writing and illustrating in the Manitoba Arts Council’s Artists-in-the-Schools program. Margaret lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba, with her husband, Brian MacKinnon, and their three children. She is a practitioner of eclectic spirituality.
June 25, 26, 27, 2010
Honouring the goddess Freyja
shandra hees on Calling all volunteers! Berkana on Important Information (Updated… cristin on Calling all volunteers! Moss on Calling all volunteers! Leane Koss on Calling all volunteers!
- Great coverage for our Festival in the news! St. Norbert farm to host new summer festival @winnipegnews shar.es/vLUzM #Goddessfest 5 years ago
- Want to see our 2012 poster? manitobagoddessfestival.com/2012/2012/08/p… #Goddessfest 5 years ago
- The 3rd annual MGF is almost upon us - curious to find out what it is all about? Check out our site @ manitobagoddessfestival.com #goddessfest! 5 years ago
- Counting down to the 2012 Manitoba Goddess Festival! Have you got your festival pass yet? manitobagoddessfestival.com/2012/tickets/p… 5 years ago
- Announcing our line-up! It's going to be an awesome Festival! manitobagoddessfestival.com/2011/festival/… 6 years ago